1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Mouse Polling rate causing lag in every game

Discussion in 'Games' started by mmega1, Jun 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmega1

mmega1 Thread Starter

Hello, I have the Logitech G102 mouse and just today it suddenly started having problems in every single game I tried. My polling rate hasn't been changed and it's been sitting at 1000Hz for a while now, however, now anything above 125Hz causes the fps to drop to 1-10 in any game.
    I've tried everything, OS re-installation, mouse-driver re-installation, intel chipset drivers update, AMD gpu drivers, even cleaning my PC from dust entirely. I can't find a fix.

(Uploaded DxDiag file for PC info)

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does 125hz result in degradation in mouse performance?

3. mmega1

mmega1 Thread Starter

For me during fast paced gameplay it does. But regardless, for anyone who might have the same problem, I have finally solved the issue by uninstalling the USB Root Hub drivers and reinstalling them. For some reason just reinstalling the specific USB driver for the mouse wouldn't fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice