1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse prob

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GUSMAN, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

When I open a folder on my desktop it opens fine. But when I try it another way it wont work.

What I mean is for example. I have a server and can ftp on to show the folders but cant open them. In M soft access I can view the tables but the only way to open them is to right click and choose "open". Its the same with nero if I want to burn files in folders I cant open the folders when using the add feature.

I found out then that If I left click vigouously then they open but why would I have to do that all of a sudden?
    Cheers

Gus

2. PuppyLinux

PuppyLinux

Just curious... have you tried another mouse yet?

3. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

Brought a mouse home from work and I have the same problem

Gus

4. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

Hi

I had a scout about and found my mouse double click was set to high.

I altered it to around the middle and now everything works fine.

Thanks for your reply

Gus

5. PuppyLinux

PuppyLinux

Glad to know you got everything working properly; the fact that you could sometimes make it work with "vigorous" left-clicking made me suspicious of the mouse sensitivity, but I wanted to know if the problem remained when you changed the mouse...

Good fix; got any plans for Guy Fawkes Day? I don't know if it is celebrated in Wales...

6. GUSMAN

GUSMAN Thread Starter

cheers

We have been celebrating guy fawkes day for a bout 4 weeks its a bit of a nuisance really. Years ago it was Nov 5th and mebbe the odd bang before, but now its a nightmare and it usuually goes on for a few weeks after as well.

Im not bothered but I feel sorry for the pets and the elderly.

Cheers for the reply much appreciated

Gus

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice