1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse problem in my lap top

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by teejae, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teejae

teejae Thread Starter

I have a Dell latitude D800 laptop, 4 years old, 1.5GB Ram, 75 GB Hard Drive. Operating system is Windows xp professional I have the reinstallation Cd Windows XP service pack 1,and I also have a cd called Drivers and Utilities (for reinstalling Dell lattitude D800 system software).
    I had this PC reformatted, ( not me as I am technically Challenged) as it was previously used for business and I cannot get the mouse, (neither the touch pad or the external mouse) to work properly. It seems to work ok when I turn on the pc and after a few minutes it just moves all over the place by itself and it is difficult to make it sit long enough to accomplishment anything . I have gone to control panel and mouse and slowed it down almost all the way and it still happens. I also inserted the Driver Cd, but it did not give me any direction. I have also done all upgrades as well as updated to service pack 2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    TYIA
    Lena

2. teejae

teejae Thread Starter

I posted a couple days ago, but no replies so far, anyone have any ideas hot to fix this Thanks.
    Lena

3. teejae

teejae Thread Starter

Is there no one who can help me.
    Lena

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice