Mouse problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jnarwed

I'm having a problem in Win98 with my mouse. What happens is when I'm in certain apps the mouse pointer will get stuck on the screen. However when I move the mouse around it still appears to be there just not with the cursor. For instance when I drag it to the bottom of the screen the taskbar will pop up (auto hide). Has anyone ever seen this? Here are my computer specs:

Pentium III 600
768mb Ram

Thanks in advance,

Jnar

Hi Jnarwed

A number of things you could try:

First, does another mouse work okay on your system or not?

Second, you should do a virus scan to rule out the possibility of a gremlin in the works. Make sure your AV software is up to date.
If you have no AV program go to Here for an on-line check.

Third, you could take out the sub-entry for the mouse in Control Panel - System - System Properties - Device Manager - Mouse and reboot - Windows will find it again and this may stabilise any driver errors or conflicts.

I'm assuming here that you are using a standard serial mouse. If you have a mouse with specific drivers you could try re-installing them.

Jnarwed

I believed I fixed the problem. I'm almost positive that it was a virus. It was some kind of Trojan virus that screws with the Registry. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Jnar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online