1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gidget694u, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gidget694u

gidget694u Thread Starter

I reformatted my drive, and trying to put the mouse driver back on, was a real problem. I finally was able to get it on, but......problem is, I cannot get the setup for the darn thing. I have a wireless intellimouse explorer.

The driver that is installed is the "Microsoft usb wireless intellimouse explorer (Intellipoint)", but like I said, it keeps bring up the old screen for regular mouse. Where as this one has the two buttons on side, that I am so used to using, and now can't.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition. Oh, a couple of times, I know when going into the Control panel to the Mouse properties, computer crashed, so thinking it could be a conflict of sort. It doesn't crash if I go to the device manager though.

Please.......if anyone has some advice to what I could do. I sure would appreciate it. Worked all day on it, and I give up, unless some ideas can come my way. Thanks ahead!

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

It sounds like you have 2 mice installed.
    Is this the case? If it is, remove the one you dont want in the device manager.

3. gidget694u

You are exactly right. There were two mice. Although, just before posting the problem, I was able to delete. This is when the right one started showing up, but seems to be the wrong one is still showing up in the control panel. Yet only the one that should be when I check in device manager. I try to uninstall and reinstall, but keep getting error as follows:

Logitech Setup (Has the big red X on left)
    Windows NT 5.0 not supported

Now, the software I am loading is Intellimouse 4.0, so not quite understanding that???

Also acts as though, there is still software on that I might not be seeing. My mind is not thinking clearly, as I know there is a spot in registry to go check. If anyone can refresh my memory, as I've been on some medicine, that makes me forget things these days.

:(

4. gidget694u

Anyone, if you can help. I found in the registry Logitech>mouseware folder. Would it be safe for me to delete? I am using the Microsoft, Wireless Intellimouse Explorer. I'm still trying to locate that. So far, no can do. Thanks again, for any help.

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Windows NT 5.0 not supported means that this software may not be compatible with XP. Have you ever used it on this OS before?

6. gidget694u

Yep, but was installed in Windows me already. I guess, that might have made a difference. In any case, I ordered a new mouse, as got tired of messing around. I'll just give this one to one of my boys to use. They still have the corded ones, in which drives me nuts. Seems, anytime, I go to clean out their computers, I'm yanking the darn cord. Would drive me nuts to use. Ha-Ha. Anyway, thanks a ton! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice