1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jelijo, Feb 8, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. jelijo

jelijo Thread Starter

When I click on the left mouse button I get a menu pop up. It's not the same menu as the right click mouse. I have tried unplugging the mouse and plugging it into a different port, but same problem. Really buggers up using the computer

2. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

What brand of mouse? Wired or wireless? How old is it? Have cleaned it? Have you tried reinstalling the driver for it?

3. jelijo

jelijo Thread Starter

Logitech
    Wired
    Couple years old
    how do you clean it
    I unplugged it and replugged it into another port

4. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

If it's an electronic mouse, look here
    https://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/42213?product=a0qi00000069ui3AAA

If it's a mechanical mouse (probably not) you unscrew the circular retainer on the bottom and clean the three rollers and other internal areas of lint and debris with tweezers, q-tips and isopropanol, as well as the ball. Then put back together. Hopefully it something simple. Let us know how it goes.

5. jelijo

jelijo Thread Starter

someone suggested
    Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices > Right click on the mouse listed there > Uninstall > Reboot and the driver will be automatically installed

6. 8biosdrive

8biosdrive

Definitely worth a try.

7. jelijo

jelijo Thread Starter

didnt work...so changed mouse

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice