1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse responding after restarts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reneirwolf878, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reneirwolf878

reneirwolf878 Thread Starter

I just got a Logitech MX700 wireless keyboard and mouse combo, both work great I might add. However, one slight problem. After restarting teh computer for any reason the keyboard will work but the mouse will not. If the computer is turned off and then turned back on it works. I've tried installing the new SetPoint software but no luck. And logitech's service has not responed with anything but automated responses. So that leads me to my question, is there a way to fix this? Thanks for any help.

2. rhorne4

rhorne4

Have You Tried Resetting The Mouse And Receiver?checked To See If It Is Plugged In Good?

3. rhorne4

rhorne4

One More Thing.where Is Your Reciever Located?is It Close To The Mouse?

4. Dabblingpond

Dabblingpond

Hi Wolf
    About a month ago a friend also bought a Logitech MX700 wireless keyboard and mouse combo and it is doing the same as yours —— so it looks like you are not the only one with this problem . I sent an e-mail to Logitech —no response— not a good thing as I will not recommend it ever again
    Steps I have taken so far are as follows
    Reset the default values for the combo
    Removed all pointers and boards then reboot let Xp find them and reinstalled the drivers from the disk
    Removed again this time on reboot let Xp find the latest drivers on the net
    Removed the Lappy from dock to see if that was the problem (not)
    Gave up told him to have his young good looking helper start the PC twice every morning when she gets in (before him) and that way he never sees the problem (out of sight out of mind) by the way he also has to get her a coffee every morning on the way to work so it is an even trade
    I know that is not the best solutions but it works for now (til I see the answer to our problem here or Logitech gets off their ****
    JOE
    by the way I wish targus sold a combo like this as I would go with them
    they have always been great on any problems that I have e-mailed to them
    infact they have even called me to fix the problem (shows they care)

5. Dabblingpond

Dabblingpond

Hi Wolf
    Update —I found the answer to the logitech 700 mouse restart problem
    If you add a usb port with power it will work every time you boot
    It now works for me —good luck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice