1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Runs Amok/Freezing and Renaming Problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by foveauxkid, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foveauxkid

foveauxkid Thread Starter

My first Post so please forgive me if I do it wrong..My PC Windows 98 SE has beaten the top local tech people....who in turn have taken my bank account??....I have 3 major problems.....(1) the mouse will suddenly become uncontrolable and any movement of it ,programs on the desktop will be appearing ..opening etc ..its practicly undescribable...I have to reset or shutdown before major damage is done ...(2) The PC locks up ...I can leave it downloading and go and make a cup of tea ,return and its locked up so I have to reset it...this again is agravating if one is downloading a large file that one cannot use a download manager on and is just getting near the end of many hours and it suddenly freezes and disconnects...(3) Something that has always annoyed me ..When I rename something like an MP3 or Avi etc it keeps putting another extension in the name itself ....IE if I rename Mymp3.mp3 three times .I will end up with this ..Mymp3.mp3.mp3.mp3 (as the name) with the extension mp3.......Any help re the above would be gratefully received Thanks Ron NZ.

2. Rache

Rache Banned

Hi and welcome. I'm sure some tech people will jump in later. Meantime, I assume you've run a virus check? Tried uninstalling mouse and reinstalling?

3. foveauxkid

foveauxkid Thread Starter

Hi..Appreciate your reply...Yes I do have Norton anti virus installed and regularly do scans and when the Mouse first started happening running wild... I did do a virus check..As did the Tech man I employed ..As to uninstalling the mouse I did not know one can do this so you can see I am not PC literate...Thanks Ron.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice