1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse(s) Stall With Fast Movement

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lalalalala, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lalalalala

lalalalala Thread Starter

Hi I'm getting a seriously strange mouse issue.

Everytime I move my mouse at a highspeed it stalls or glitches. That is if I try to do a 180 turn in game with a whip motion I get a stall, or if I scroll from the top right X button in FireFox to the Start menu too fast I also get a stall. Wiggle the mouse, stall, do anything other than smooth very slow and linear movements and I get a stall.

This problem happens with all of the mice I own; 2 different types of Logitech mice, and a pos Creative. The Logitech Optical Mouse I own is totally brand new out of the box and still gets this issue.

I've tried installing individual MouseWare drivers for each of the Logitech mice and the problem still has not been solved.

I've tried putting all the mice in all the various ports they support, usb, and p2 whatever im computer ignorant...

I'm working with a fresh install of windows from this morning.

I actually reformat due to previous mouse issues, which seem to be gone now... only to be replaced with this one. I'm not sure what exactly caused my mouse issues pre-format, but my mouse basically accelerated at a level much higher than what it was set at. I deleted all of the mouse drivers on my computer a few times with various 3rd party apps and still had the issue.
    I think this problem started occuring after uninstalling the CS mouse accelfix and some crappy Razor drivers.

The huge acceleration problem is gone now but I'm getting these horrible stalls.
    It basically makes gaming impossible and no fun.

Oh I also tried lowering my graphics acceleration requirments in the Windows display options and that didn't solve anything either.
    And the obvious, changing the surface the mouse scrolls under to various mouse pads and wooden panels etc

Could this be a motherboard problem?
    Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Basementgeek

Basementgeek

Sounds like possible RAM problem -maybe not enough

BG

3. lalalalala

i've got 1 gig of newly installed ram

also i've had this computer forever running at 256mhz ram and it's never given me these types of problems before

any other ideas?

4. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi lalalalala. Go to start and then to control panel click on mouse the dialogue will come up you should have a folder in a box with a slider to the left adjust the slider and then click on the folder this will open until you have reached max speed that it will go without you getting glitches and spoiling your game.

5. lalalalala

thats not really the solution i'm looking for as i play with very low mouse sensitivity in game

i've played with the same type/brand of mouse on the same computer with the same mouse sense for a while now and i'm looking to fix this problem not work around it

6. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi lalalalala. I'm not sure if you can make the cursor go faster then it's maximum speed.

7. lalalalala

like i said, i've been using the same brand of mouse and same surface for gaming forever. i'm not doing anything different. it was only recently that the mouse began stalling.

is there anything that could be happening to the hardware?

8. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi lalalalala. Hardware is a bit outside my experience you could do a search on the web mouse name/type or find the maker and get support from there.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice