1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse scrolling Function

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by johnb94, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnb94

johnb94 Thread Starter

Overnight I seem to have lost the scrolling facility from my Microsoft Intellimouse. I have re-installed the driver but it hasn't made any difference. Any ideas folks? The scroll wheel still shows in the Control Panel - it just doesn't work.

2. Esbenovich

Esbenovich

have you tried updating the driver?
    if not go to this pc (or what its called) right click choose administrate>there is an icon of a little pc (don't now what its called in english) press it> press the + at mouse(see picture). now right click on your mouse and chose update driver (a wizard comes up just do what it says :)

Attached Files:

3. ChristDude

ChristDude

The last post was a bit confusing (no offense to that member), so I decided to repost it. To update the driver, right-click on My Computer and go to Properties. Go to Hardware and Device Manager. Navigate to your mouse driver, right-click on it, and click Update Driver. If that doesn't work, maybe your mouse is getting old?

4. Esbenovich

Esbenovich

yes I know sry about that:eek:

5. johnb94

johnb94 Thread Starter

Thanks folks for your interest. Once again, overnight the problem seems to have cured itself. Probably a Windows thing I suppose. (My mouse is getting old - but more to the point I think - I am getting old!!)
    Thanks again
    John B

6. Esbenovich

Esbenovich

could be both in my eyes, but most likely the mouse if it's a couple of years old. I have tried that before whith a mouse where suddenly nothing worked, a couple of days later everything worked again:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice