1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse single click but double click response

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stewiegriffin711, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stewiegriffin711

stewiegriffin711 Thread Starter

Many times when I single click on an item with my mouse, whether it be a program, a shortcut, or whatever, more often than not , it acts as a double click. When I double cliclk, it opens up the program twice more often than mot, also. I have the Folder options set up to double click so I don't know what's going on. I regularly run AdAdware, Spybot, and I have ZoneAlarm Suite running all the time.

Any ideas?:( :(

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

strt control panel,mouse properties,have look at the options,this can also happen when u have installed a different mouse to the one your comp came with,if thats the case you need to configure new mouse with its own software

3. stewiegriffin711

I haven't installed any new mouse for a couple of years. I'm using the MS Optical USB mouse with the XP default drivers. I will change the double click speed to "faster" in case mine is wearing out.

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll post again in a bit with my results.

4. stewiegriffin711

Nope - it's still doing it.

5. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Well i don't know why but sometimes this will fix the problem.

In the Control Panel, select Mouse and the Pointer Options tab. Uncheck “Enhance pointer precision” and the problem may go away

6. stewiegriffin711

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

7. stewiegriffin711

Doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm thinking now maybe my mouse is defective. I'm going to replace it this week.

8. stewiegriffin711

The problem was with my mouse. I bought a new one and the problems disappeared.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!