mouse--single clicks sometimes don't take

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grandpaw7

I am finding that oftentimes, though not always, when I am on a webpage that provides a link to another webpage, and I single click the link, the link gets framed but the butterfly refuses to fly unless I click once again and I don't get to the link unless I click once again. In the past, and often in the present, a single click would do the job. I had this problem with my old mouse, which uses a ball, and also with my new one, which is optical. Any thoughts? Thanks, grandpaw

grandpaw try double clicking on your links . somethings require a single click and double click

Sometimes links just 'miss' it seems.

I've had a similar problem ever since I upgraded to IE6.0.
When you've clicked, if the link has been activated your Windows globe (Or ISP brand) in the top right corner of your IE should be animated. If nothing happens there, re-click the link.

As ezmony suggested, an easier option would be to double click everything :)

grandpaw7

Thanks, Looney Tunes and exymoney. I'll just have to get used to double clicking. grandpaw

Grandpaw

I have the same problem but I find it happens when I am using IE5.5. I really can't say I have ever noticed it in Netscape.
I think you'll probably just have to doubleclick some, thats what I do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts