1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse--single clicks sometimes don't take

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by grandpaw7, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I am finding that oftentimes, though not always, when I am on a webpage that provides a link to another webpage, and I single click the link, the link gets framed but the butterfly refuses to fly unless I click once again and I don't get to the link unless I click once again. In the past, and often in the present, a single click would do the job. I had this problem with my old mouse, which uses a ball, and also with my new one, which is optical. Any thoughts? Thanks, grandpaw

2. ezymony

ezymony

grandpaw try double clicking on your links . somethings require a single click and double click

3. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Sometimes links just 'miss' it seems.

I've had a similar problem ever since I upgraded to IE6.0.
    When you've clicked, if the link has been activated your Windows globe (Or ISP brand) in the top right corner of your IE should be animated. If nothing happens there, re-click the link.

As ezmony suggested, an easier option would be to double click everything :)

4. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

Thanks, Looney Tunes and exymoney. I'll just have to get used to double clicking. grandpaw

5. LadyLisa

LadyLisa

Grandpaw

I have the same problem but I find it happens when I am using IE5.5. I really can't say I have ever noticed it in Netscape.
    I think you'll probably just have to doubleclick some, thats what I do.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice