Mouse stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ancy

I need help. I've tried all I know. I am running two computers. One is W XP and the other is W-98. I have the two connected w/a Belkin 2 way connector. The mouse & keyboards of both computers are plugged into this device by wires connecting both cpu's w/one common monitor. I'm sure you all get what I'm saying,so I'll stop there. My problem is the one cpu w/W-XP, the mouse works. The W-98 cpu mouse will not work. This just happened this afternoon, 2/8/05. This morning it worked perfectly. I've checked all connections, disconnected all wiring, assembled it again. Monitor works, software works, everything works but the mouse on the W 98 cpu. Even tried a different brand new mouse. No luck. Any thoughts of what I need to do next? Thanks very much. Ancy

Sounds like the mouse port went south. Do you have USB on the 98 machine? If so, you might be better off to pick up a USB mouse.

Ancy

Skivvywaver said:
Sounds like the mouse port went south. Do you have USB on the 98 machine? If so, you might be better off to pick up a USB mouse.
Thanks for the response. Problem is that the mouse is connected to the Belkin device for the mouse to service both cpu's. There isn't any USB connection on the device. The connection is a female plug in.
Darn mouse works w/ the one cpu but not the other. Spent 3 hrs today trying to figure this out. thanks again
Ancy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online