Mouse stops while something's running

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marianne

Marianne
My problem is the mouse won't move to a precise location (such as trying to close a window). It's only momentary, but irritating. If I need to move it to the left or right horizintally, it won't budge until the program I'm in stops whatever it's doing. I suspect a resource conflict? Just cleaned mouse. Have win98, AMD 750, 128 Meg. Maybe I need a new mouse. It's about 2 years old.

Marianne

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi marianne, it's been awhile since we've 'talked' -----

Post your IRQs if you feel there may be a conflict.....start, run, type msinfo32 and hit ok, go to hardware resources, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

Also you could try another mouse, they're cheap...and it never hurts to have a spare one laying around.....

It could also be a program running in the background. You may also want to post your startup info as to what is loading when you boot up

go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter. Left hand frame, choose software environment, expand it, choose startup programs. Once there displayed in the right hand column go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then reply to this post and paste the listed into the reply

marianne

Marianne
Here is all is. Marianne

Office Startup Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE" -b
Microsoft Find Fast Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE"
ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SiS Tray Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SISTRAY.EXE
SiS KHooker Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\khooker.exe
LexStart Registry (Machine Run) Lexstart.exe
LexmarkPrinTray Registry (Machine Run) PrinTray.exe
NPROTECT Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
NAV Agent Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~4\NAVAPW32.EXE
NInit Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton Uninstall Deluxe\NINIT.EXE
NSystemMonitor Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Norton Uninstall Deluxe\SYMMON.EXE
zBrowser Launcher Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
EM_EXEC Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
NPROTECT Registry (Machine Service) C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
ScriptBlocking Registry (Machine Service) "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg

I beleive AcaCandy would love a list of your irq's, please post them.

I would disable these
Office Startup Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE" -b
Microsoft Find Fast Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE"

I am not familiar with some of the others, maybe someone else will comment on them.

marianne

Marianne
Here's irq's

IRQ 5 Best Data USB Modem Device
IRQ 5 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
IRQ 5 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
IRQ 5 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
IRQ 11 SiS PCI Audio Accelerator
IRQ 11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
IRQ 14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
IRQ 14 SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
IRQ 15 SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller

Marianne

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Thanks, brianF..... ;)

Marianne, there must be more, perhaps try again....many items are missing.....:(

marianne

Marianne
Okay, I guess I looked in wrong place. Here's more
Marianne

0 System timer
1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
2 Programmable interrupt controller
3 SiS Audio Legacy Emulator
4 Communications Port (COM1)
5 Best Data USB Modem Device
5 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
5 SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
5 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
8 System CMOS/real time clock
9 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
10 MPU-401 Compatible
11 SiS PCI Audio Accelerator
11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
12 PS2 (PS/2)
13 Numeric data processor
14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
14 SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller
15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
15 SiS 5513 Dual PCI IDE Controller

I really don't see any irq conflicts with the mouse. I would think it's something running in the background. Disable fast find and see if that helps, just uncheck it in msconfig and hopefully it will quit loading at startup

marianne

Marianne
Thanks for the help. Perhaps I do need a new mouse.

Marianne

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online