1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse tracking pad not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LovesArt, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LovesArt

LovesArt Thread Starter

I am running Windows Vista on a Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop. The tracking pad mouse (Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad) is not working. When I turn the computer on the mouse is frozen on the screen. When I plug a physical mouse in that works. When I look up the mouse in the computer programs it says that is working fine. I have tried disabling it and re-enabling it. I have tried changing the settings, nothing seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I am using the computer with a mouse that is plugged into a USB port, but I would much rather have the touch pad working again.

2. UCanFixit

UCanFixit

Have you checked to make sure the touch pad is reported as working in the device manager?

3. LovesArt

LovesArt Thread Starter

Yes. It is reported as working properly in the device manager. Under Device Status it says: This device is working properly.

4. scobareric

scobareric Banned

Turn computer off. Remove all attachments and the battery. Press power button for 15 seconds. Replace power connection and battery. Start Computer and press F2 at the Toshiba splash screen to get into Setup. Press F9 to reset defaults. Press F10 to save changes and exit and answer yes to complete. Computer will restart.

If that doesn't work, do a System Restore back to a day when the touchpad was working.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice