1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mouse Trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by /\/\r.Abdul, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul Thread Starter

for some unknown reason by mouse seems to cut out from time to time. some times it will come back on but others it stops completely. sometimes freezing the computer. it used to be in a PS/2 port but since it started happening i changed it to a USB port. I have let the computer install the drivers and i have also done this myself. I have also downloaded the newest drivers from Microsoft. I am using a Mircosoft Blue Optical Mouse.

Plz help

2. MHarkins

MHarkins

Wow...I have the exact same problem. I have a microsoft optical mouse. Do me a favor, next time your computer freezes, hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete, wait a minute, and tell me if anything is not responding.
    Mine says "Msgsrv32 [Not Responding]" Then I end task and my comp unfreezes...but still no mouse...

3. /\/\r.Abdul

YES that happens to me aswell, also serveral other programs stop responding

4. MHarkins

MHarkins

Hmm, I thought I was the only person in the world who had this problem...Finally someone to share my pain (Starts weeping)
    Ummkay, nuff of that.
    Can you remember do anything weird to your comp the day this started? For me, it started when I installed a game.

I'm not sure what causes this, but someone told me to reinstall windows because Msgsrv32 is a windows program. It didn't work, and to this day I am still looking for an answer...wandering the net...navigating with nothing but my keyboard....
    I am going to try and upgrade windows to XP in the next month (I have ME)
    I don't think it will help, but its worth a shot.

5. /\/\r.Abdul

well recently ive installed a new hard drive,ethernet card and an ADSL modem. hehe so it could be a number of things but i put the PS/2 port back on the USB and it seems to be working fine now

6. /\/\r.Abdul

PS/2 adapter sorry

7. AlbertB

AlbertB

Useful info on that msgsrv32.exe app you mentioned from Microsoft site.

8. timnesss

timnesss

Im having the same problem too, and its being very annoying, most of the time it freezes on start up, i have no clue, if you guys have any suggestions id like to hear =)

9. /\/\r.Abdul

*SIGH* so it looks like ill have to get a new mouse of something, are both u guy that are having the same problem running ME and have a Microsoft Blue?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice