1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mouse turns off when i plug gamepad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raminamas, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raminamas

raminamas Thread Starter

I used to play games on my desktop with the gamepad connected to front usb. Recently I unplugged it to connect a wireless mosue (another mouse is plugged directly in rear usb).
    Now, I removed the front wireless mouse trying to connect my gamepad and what happens is that as soon as i plug the gamepad the rear mouse stops working. Also the computer doesnot recognize the gamepad no matter where I plug the gamepad into any usb port, the pc won't recognize it.

I open the devise manager and see that the front port is highlighted with a yellow flag and says that it is not working properly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the devise and reboot but doesnot work. Also tried connecting the gamepad while restarting the pc but the computer does not boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The yellow ! would indicate the device in question is not working/functional. Try uninstalling the device and then reboot.

As to the gamepad, if it's not recognized in any USB port, the device is likely faulty. You can verify by testing on another computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice