MOV file will not convert to MP4

MyNameIsErin

I have a MOV file (my own content) that plays just fine in Quicktime and YouTube, but refuses to convert to MP4. It is part of a whole group of videos I have made for teaching and all the others have converted successfully.

I have tried using the Photos app in Windows 10 on my PC, iMovie on my friend's Mac, and Apple Compressor on my husband's Mac mini. None of them have been successful, even though these programs worked with the other videos I made. Compressor shows this error: "Failed: Error: RequestFrameAt returned: 3 for absolute frame: 2119."

Any idea what could cause this?

plodr

Liz
What hardware did you use to make the movie file?

Go here but skip part 1.
Try parts 2 3 and/or 4.

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello Erin and welcome to TSG!!

You can try HandBrake. It works for everything I've thrown at it ...

Liz, I don't see a link ...

MyNameIsErin

Thank you everyone! I actually found a solution over the weekend. I uploaded my videos to YouTube then downloaded them again as mp4's. But I will still look into Wondershare and Handbrake. With school being online for a while, I need all the resources I can get!

P.S. To answer the original question, I recorded on a document camera hooked up to a PC.

A smart solution to upload videos to YouTube then download! But later if you want to try an easier way, just use Joyoshare Video Joiner. It can convert MOV files to mp4 or any other formats. Really simple to use!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online