Move emails from Outlook Express to Oulook 2007

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timohara

Help - anyone - please help.

I have puchased a new PC with Windows 7 Pro. My old machine has XP Pro on which I have been using Oulook Express. I want to move my emails from OE to a PST which I can then use with Oulook2007 on the machine with Windows 7. I have tried to export them from OE... which appear to work.. but doesnt transfer all the email in the sent folder. There are 3500 message in the sent folder... and when the epxort has finished... I look in the sent folder in outlook... and find that only 3000 (ish) have been imported... leaving the most recent 500 emails out. I have also tried doing the import direct from Outlook... and again.. it appears to work,.. but on closer examination... the last 500 emails in the sent items dont get imported.

Does anyone have any ideas ???? Thanks in advance !

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG.

More of a possible work around than a solution, but would this work?

1) With Outlook Express closed, make a backup copy of the Sent Items.dbx file to some other location on the hard drive (Just in case something goes drastically wrong)

2) In Outlook Express, create a local folder called Sent_1

3) Move about half of the messages in the local Sent Items folder to the new Sent_1 folder

4) Compact the Sent Items folder

5) Have Outlook 2007 import both "Sent" Folder files

6) In Outlook 2007, copy the contents of the imported Sent_1 folder to the imported Sent Items folder.

7) Check the Sent Items folder in Outlook 2007 to make sure nothing is missing. If it all looks good, you can delete the backup copy created in step #1.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online