1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by BBCMember, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBCMember

BBCMember Thread Starter

I just put in a new hard drive and installed the latest version of Office 2007. I kept the data and archive files from Outlook 2003 so I could import them into Outlook 2007 and get back to business. However, that did not happen. It was able to read and bring up most of the data, but I am missing some folders which are critical.

The critical folders are folders that were created manually. They were used to store email messages that came in that were important. They were simply dragged from the Inbox and put into that folder. There were also folders within that folder. I'm not sure if these folders and subfolders were in the Inbox or not. They may not have been.

The way I imported it was by going to TOOLS>ACCOUNT SETTINGS>DATA FILES tab>and pointed to the old PST file.

I also pointed to the archive.pst file as well, but later went to FILE>ARCHIVE and pointed to the old archive.pst file in there. Bot ways did not reveal the folders that are needed.

Is Outlook 2007 not able to read all data from Outlook 2003 pst files, or is there a fix for this?

Please advise.

2. GEOFF

GEOFF

I purchased a new Notebook with Office 2007 installed and copied over my Outlook 2000 pst file. I also had manually created folders for filing important emails. Mine were sub folders within the Inbox folder. Everything copied over, but I could not see the manual folders at first until I double clicked the Inbox folder in the side panel and then they spilled out. I would look for them in that panel and double click anything there starting with Inbox, Sent etc. Also try doing a search for any subject or address of an email you may have saved.

When copying over the pst file I think everything is copied. Appears you did not just copy contacts for example, but the complete pst file. I think the folders are there as Sub Folders, just hidden within one of the main folders such as Inbox.
    G

3. BBCMember

BBCMember Thread Starter

OK. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/580711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice