Move group addresses

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DKTaber

I made a mistake the other day with OE 6 that I couldn't find a simple solution for. It's simple. I created a group address under the WRONG e-mail folder (say directly under the Main Identity folder). But I have created separate sub-folders under the Main folder for two types of groups (permanent and temporary), and really wanted it to be in the temporary groups folder. With Windows, not a problem; just drag-n-drop any file or folder to the right folder. In OE, you can't drag and drop anything (at least I couldn't). So I wound up recreating the group in the RIGHT place, and deleting it from the Main folder.

In case there's any way to move them to avoid having to recreate them, is there any way to move addresses from one folder to another in OE's address book?

DKTaber

I'm familiar with the tomsterdam site, but there's no answer to this issue there. I'm resigned to the fact that OE is lacking in this area, and I just have to live with it or use something else.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online