1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Move Network Media Player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by northwjj, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. northwjj

northwjj Thread Starter

Someone please help me. I want to watch the latest episode of TV shows on ABC.com. Now with their new media player (move network) I'm unable to watch the episode. I can launch the episode but it will play for a few seconds and then stall, play for a few seconds and stall. If I go to a different website and leave the player on in a different window I can hear audio without any skipping. As soon as I click back to the episode it begins stalling and the audio skips. I have read several troubleshooting websites and have tried everything. I downloaded the latest version of internet explorer. I downloaded mozilla foxfire. I have checked the bandwith. I have cable internet. I have updated to the latest version of the move network player. I have turned off anti-virus programs and firewalls. Please help. I have the lastest version of java and adobe flash player. Any suggestions?

2. stampede

stampede

I had the same problem, it took me a while to figure this out: turns out that Move Networks Movie player was listed in the "Restricted Sites" listing inside of the IE7 Security Tab. Don't know how/why it got placed there, but as soon as I removed it, everything worked fine. To remove: 1) go to Tools menu, Internet Options; 2) Click on Security Tab; 3) click on Restricted Sites; 4) click on sites; 5) scroll down the lenghty list of sites until you locate Move Networks Movie Player (list is alphabetical); 6) click on Remove; 7) click on Close, click on OK. Now go to ABC.com or Fox.com and see if the Full Episodes works... Good luck!

3. jacobandsara

jacobandsara

I have pretty much the same problem as North. I used to be able to watch shows on abc.com but not anymore. I tried everything, called Comcast they said it was not their problem but the Move network player. I updated mozilla, internet explorer, I even tried to see if the site was restricted, but its not. Basically, everything works fine until the show is about to start. I can see the commericals, but when it says the show is loading it stays at the screen. Its not stuck, because I can move my mouse. It just stays its loading and remains there.

4. juicyjaye

juicyjaye

I'm having the same problem as well. I used to be able to watch the shows on abc.com and foxtv but not anymore. I have tried everything as well. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it at least 5 times and nothing has seemed to help. I can see the commercials but when it gets ready to play the show it just shows loading and nothing. I don't know what to do anymore. I send feedback to ABC.com and they sent me the URL to move network media player that only covers basic problems. I did everything in there and nothing works. I am running IE7 and Firefox 3.0. Both worked fine before but not anymore. I have Windows XP running SP3. I was going to take out SP3 and downgrade to SP2 but realized that I can no longer do that on windows update. Is there anyone who has figured out what's wrong with this player? I'm totally frustrated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!