1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

move vb.net code to exe file

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ComputerMike, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ComputerMike

ComputerMike Thread Starter

Hello All,

I have project(vb.net) code i want extract exeutable file from this project. because i want buy it to customer

regards

2. artur02

artur02

I think you want to find the binaries of your project. First build your project. Then go to your project's directory and you will find the binaries (exe) in the /bin/debug folder.

3. ComputerMike

thank you.Now if copy this folder(degug) on other cd , i can run this software without VS2005

4. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Better, change the build type to Release (s/b a drop down box in the toolbar) and then build it. The executables will be smaller (no debug information). They'll be in the /bin/release folder.

5. ComputerMike

i don't understand it. can u give me steps?

6. artur02

artur02

There is a combo box on the toolbar. You can see a 'Debug' text in it. Change it to 'Release', Build your soultion, and copy binaries from <SolutionPath>\bin\Release folder.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669059