move WMP from "c" to"d"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tamspot

using windows 7 home premium "c" is full and I wish to move contents of WMP library on this drive to drive "d" to liberate space on "c"' Will I need to install WMP on drive "d" -- can I move the "c" drive contents in one move -- will I have to create instructions for future cd's etc to stop installing on "c" and now stall on "d" drive library. As I am 78 yrs old and my pc knowledge, of technical terms, is very limited please provide any guidance in the simplest language possible

thank you in advance

Tamspot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 239270 MB, Free - 2213 MB; D: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 294505 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RF703
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hard Drives: C: Total - 239270 MB, Free - 2213 MB; D: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 294505 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RF703
You appear to have a Dell OptiPlex 745 with separate 250 GB and 500 GB internal hard drives.

Is that correct?

----------------------------------------------------------

Triple6

Rob
If your music is in the My Music folder then you can easily move the entire folder to the other drive. See here how to move the Music folder: http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...rsonal-folders-my-documents-another-drive.htm
The above article shows all the folders, you don't need to move them all except the Music folder. If the music is in the My Music folder and you move that folder than WMP won't even notice the difference and still have all the music as it did before.

WMP only needs to be installed once on the system, it doesn't matter what the location of the music folder is in relation to where it is installed. You can have or add music libraries from any drive you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online