1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(moved here) Trojan Smitfraud

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by harsh547, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harsh547

harsh547 Thread Starter

hi i got a problem with my computer

i runned video object x on my computer.i don't know that mean

2. harsh547

harsh547 Thread Starter

so help some one help me.because it is giving me a hell of problem.

if i am working on my computer all at a sudden a pop-up window comes up saying

windows security alter

windows has detected an internet attack attempt.....somebody's trying to infect your pc with spyware or harmful viruses.run full system scan now to protect your pc from internet attcaks,hijacking attempts and spware;click here to download spyware romover for total protection.

3. harsh547

harsh547 Thread Starter

hi got a problem with my coputer
    it is poping up

Trojan.W32.Looksky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and Active-X objects. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers e-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
    This process should be removed from your system.

Type: Virus
    System Affected: Windows 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista
    Security risk (0-5): 5
    Recommendations: Click Yes to remove it from your PC immediately.

[Yes] [No]
    "

please help me out in fixing out this problem.please i got a serious

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Please- you've posted into someone else's active thread, it gets too confusing when you do this for all concerned...so, I have created a thread for your problem here in our Security forum. Make all your replies here in this thread that are related to the trojan you have (Smitfraud).

There will be some help for you soon! This is an easy infection to get rid of...

5. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
    Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
    Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
    Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

**If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.

Let's have you post a log from Hijackthis and maybe we can spot anything out of place:
    go to Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
    • Scroll down a bit to see the File Repository area with a download button
    • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
    • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
    • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then save the log and then the log will open in Notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
    If the HJT link above is not working, use this one:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/HijackThis_d3155.html <it's the same thing.

Also, do this:
    Open Hijack This and click on the Config button then on "Open the Misc Tools section" button. Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Click the "Save List" button. Copy and paste that list into your reply please.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!