{Moved to Hardware}Partition Magic / Bootmagic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guy

I am having trouble with getting my linux partition into Bootmagic. I have Partition Magic 5 and I have these Drives:
Disk 1:
C:WIN98 | FAT32 | 4110.4 | 2679.1 | 1431.2 | Active | Primary

Disk 2:
D: | FAT32 | 8385.5 | 4569.2 | 3816.3 | None | Primary
*. | Extended | 1145.3 | 1145.3 | 0.0 | None | Primary
*.Linux | Linux Ext2 | 1082.5 | 832.5 | 250.5 | Bootable | Logical
*.SWAP-SPACE | Linux Swap | 62.7 | 0.0 | 62.7 | None | Logical

For those unfamiliar with Partition Magic, The catagories are:
Partition | Type | Size MB | Used MB | Unused MB | Status | Pri/Log

Okay, now I go into bootmagic and it detects my c: drive (good) that has windows 98 and then it detects my primary first partition as being bootable with "Win95/98 or MS-DOS". So I look in the help and it says if your drive you want to boot from was not detected then click the advanced box and choose your drive. I click, and nothing happens, It only shows my C: and my first partition.

I'm really stumped here. Please help.

I think Boot Magic will only boot to drives that have letters assigned to them.

Why doesn't your Linux drive have a letter? Can you get it one in PQMagic somehow?

Guy

I have no idea why my linux partition doesnt have a drive letter. To the best of my knowledge, all non FAT or FAT32 drives dont show up in windows. I've gone through all the help files, tools and other commands and cant seem to find anything that will solve this.

I don't know anything about Linux, and this seems to be an issue with getting a Linux partition to be seen.

So, I am moving this over to the Linux forum where they will hopefully have some answers for you.

Please make a new post here if you have trouble booting to 95/98.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online