Movie download site

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
I'm not exactly sure, but I am pretty sure any website downloading commercial programs for free like games is most likely illegal. But there are a few good sites out there to download games for the actual retail price which is legal. One of these is Direct2Drive. As much as I wish downloading movies and games for free is legal, I don't it'll happen any time soon. Sorry :(

realtech

Thanks for the input AhrenBa. These sites offer membership for $20-$40 and would be great if it's not some kind of scam or something to get me into trouble. Just looking for some input before I get something like that.

Definitely looks shady to me. If you read a little bit it say's "how would you like to tell your friends you have a movie before it's even out yet." That alone spells ILLEGAL right there.

:rolleyes: you only need to download our software.

visions of movieland run through my head. can see plenty of HJT logs on this one also.:D

realtech

"how would you like to tell your friends you have a movie before it's even out yet." That alone spells ILLEGAL right there.
That's true. I guess I will just keep going to Wal-mart or the video store.

Couriant

James
Just to add my 2c

I can safely say that the site is very shady. For example a quote from the site:

Get unlimited access to all newly released and even unreleased movies, games, software and music!

And I really doubt that they (MPAA, RIAA and ESB) would allow unlimited downloads on the new stuff, including the unreleased stuff.

Noted this too:

The download database has doubled in one month, thanks to all of you for joining.

which probably means that the files are on the clients machines and the software is most likely to be like BitTorrent.

I've just checked some info on the site and the owner. Suffice to say that the site is not legit at all.

Like brendan suggested, movielink.com would be the place for movies. I have heard for one on games, but that's some time ago...

realtech

Sorry guys, I know we have been through all of this and everyone has made good points. My argument this time is that this one is promoted by RealPlayer. Maybe I am wrong, but I figure that someone like RealPlayer would try to stay as legit as possible. Anyway, here is the url:
www.flixs.net
I appreciate the feedback.

it appears from looking at the site, that it is a buy before you try. i would stay away

Couriant

James
Agreed, they are showing movies that haven't come out on DVD yet too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online