1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movie editing questions

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by soaringxh3n, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soaringxh3n

soaringxh3n Thread Starter

hi
    what are some programs to edit movies. Like cutting parts out and sticking them together into one short movie. Can VirtualDub do this? and does anyone know why this happens :

i try to cut peices of the movie to make a short clip (the fight scenes) and the sound is misplaced. Like If he says hi, his mouth isn't even moving and when his mouth moves it doesnt have him saying hi. Is there a solution to this? :confused:

2. somak_de

somak_de

virtual dub is not best for this things. either try windows moviemaker or TMPGEnc. the later one is the best foe simple cut and merge. first encode the file to mpeg using it. then go to mpeg tools under file menu and select cut and merge option

3. soaringxh3n

how come it has no sound when i encode it with TMPGEnc. I used "System (Video+sound)" and there is still no sound. it comes out as video without sound. Can anyone help me?

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

5. soaringxh3n

the movie is like 700 toltal and i wanted to take parts out of that 700mb movie but when i change the format with TMPGEnc the new file doesn't have sound

6. soaringxh3n

gosh movie maker is just not working for me it keeps freezing -___-

7. opopanax

opopanax

Ur best bet is Virtualdub. It is made to handle video files. After u open the file with virtualdub, u can do to it almost anything u can imagine. The only minus point i can see is that u can save the resulting file in only AVI format.

If u want to save the file as mpg or dat, then i suggest u use two very simple programs. These work only if ur original file is mpg or dat. The first one, VCD Cutter, lets u cut out the clips u want. the second one, Easy Video Joiner ( also try Camel's MPEGJoin) joins them. get them here: http://www.dawnload.net/video_software/video_tools/

8. soaringxh3n

hey thank you that link and ur tips are very helpful

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice