1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movie from one pc to another

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Denys, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

I have transferred a windows movie maker video from one computer to another. However, the images have black 'x's.

I know I have to transfer the images and videos as well, but my question is how?

My movie is 30 mins long with images and videos so it would take forever finding individual images and copying them to my disc. As my rewritable disc is only 4GB, I can't copy lots of folders.

What is the quickest way to transfer my movie + all its images and videos to another computer so I can work on it?

Thanks,

Denys

2. Hughv

Hughv

A Windows Movie maker file (wmv) is a stand alone file, so it sounds like you're working with a project file. If your movie is complete, finalize it before transferring.
    The easiest way to transfer the movie is to network the machines in question, especially if you plan to do more of this in the future.
    You could also use a flash drive or an external drive as an intermediate step.

3. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

ok, i'm using wipeer which i've been told is quite good, but what files should I transfer?

4. Hughv

Hughv

You only need the wmv file.

5. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

ok, so how do i network the computers?

thanks,

denys

6. Hughv

Hughv

7. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

hi, i've got wireless set up, but how do i actually transfer the file? it needs to be a movie maker project file because i want to work on it on the computer i'm transferring it to.

my operating system is vista.

thanks,

denys

8. Hughv

Hughv

Well, you created the movies, so you know which files you used.
    "Caution Important: Since your Windows Movie Maker project file does not contain a copy of the source files that are used in the project, if you want to move a Windows Movie Maker project file and edit it on another computer, you also need to copy all of the source content to that computer or make sure that the computer has access to the location where the source files are stored."
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/create/collections.mspx

9. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

could i do it via 'network and sharing'?

some of my video clip files are not supported on the computer i'm transferring the movie to.

denys

10. Hughv

Hughv

Which files are denied?

11. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

.modd and .moff. Taken using a sony camcorder. some videos taken by the camcorder are supported but the .modd and .moff aren't

12. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

pic attached

Attached Files:

13. Hughv

Hughv

Are you moving or copying?
    Try copying all of them.

14. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

i'd copied all of them into my public videos section on one computer and then tried to view them on the other pc via network and sharing. see above pic

15. Hughv

Hughv

Import them into Movie Maker.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903945