1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movie Maker showing errors after I installed windows updates. HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lynette_maeann, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lynette_maeann

lynette_maeann Thread Starter

I've always used windows movie maker to make videos using clips that I take from a point and shoot camera. The files are .AVI and .MTS. I've never had problems before. Then I installed the latest window update which "upgraded" to a "better" version of movie maker.

Since the update, I get little yellow error signs in my video clips (different clips every time - not like just one is defective) and it says I must remove the defective videos before I can save the movie to a DVD. When I click on help, it says there is a problem with the codecs. On a seperate similar note - I am not able to open photos that were shot in RAW and the computer won't let me download the codec for RAW! All this codec crap happened after the windows update!

PLEASE HELP! I want my videos and pictures of my baby!! What codecs are needed? How do I get them? AARRGG!

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Was this upgrading to WMM 2011 ???
    And Welcome to the TSG Forum

3. lynette_maeann

It was just the "essential upgrades" that pop up on the computer sometimes to keep windows up to date. One of the upgrades included WLMM 2011.

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

When I used Win7 over a year ago, I never did like their WL Movie Maker, found it too complicated, so I dowloaded the Good Old Simple to Use Free Movie Maker 2.1 and it works Great with zero problems on my Win 7 and it does not overwrite the existing WLMM, it just installs separately .

Note: My Win7 is the 32 bit version, so I don't know if it will work as great with the 64 bit, worth a try.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

Ray

5. lynette_maeann

Thanks a bunch Ray! I will check it out for sure!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice