1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movie maker

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AngelbearZ28, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelbearZ28

AngelbearZ28 Thread Starter

Ok I have been reading around on all the stuff about movie maker not working and have tried alot of things I have seen you guys suggest but nothing seems to work :confused:

I have windows XP . Tried to import some videos of my son at the rodeo to make him a DVD in movie maker. At first it said not supported and and the big long error of missing codec. So from reading others I downloaded the k-lite codec . Now it will at least let me import the video but when you click play I hear everything fine but it has a black screen no video at all. Also when it does import the video and has the little clips in movie maker it doesnt actuly show the picture just has a little box with a 123 clipboard thing in it . Is it suppose to look like that ?

As you can tell i dont know alot about this stuff but any help would be great.

Oh by the way incase it matters I was loading my videos on my computer with a 8mm disk and had to load them in SONY picture motion browser and saved them in my video files.

2. nycmoonstar

nycmoonstar

No, it's not supposed to, you should see pictures/ frames from different sections of the video you loaded.

It is my understanding that you are tyring to use Windows Movie Maker to edit the video you recorded on your camcorder with a 8mm tape, is that correct?

I have never used SONY picture motion browser, but does it allow to "capture" movies on your camcorder (8mm tape) to your computer and create a video file on your computer? In other words, even if you unplug the camcorder, the movie file is there on your computer and you can play it on your computer? If the movie file is NOT saved on your computer, I would do that first because Movie Maker has easier time handling a video file on your hard drive as opposed to an external device connected through USB or Firewire.

When you capture, make sure that the output format on Sony Picture motion Browser is .mpeg, .mpg, or .wmv and NOT high definition because I doubt Movie Maker is equipped to handle high definition (high resolution) files. Or you may first have to capture the video to your computer in whatever format Motion Browser prefers and then convert the format to .mpg etc AFTER you once save the captured video because Movie Maker can only see certain video formats including .mpg, even with the K-lite codec pack installed on your computer.

If your goal is to burn a DVD disk that plays on a stand-alone DVD player, you'll need a DVD burning soft such as Roxio Media Creator and Nero. Those DVD burning programs come with (or you can add the feature for a small additional cost) to edit your movies before burning them onto discs, so, I just wanted to bring up the fact that you don't necessarily have to use Movie Maker for editing if the program is not handling your file well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice