1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movie trailer suggestions?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by PCG342, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCG342

PCG342 Banned Thread Starter

Right. I've got two weeks to do this, but I'd like to impress my Multimedia teacher, as artistic things of any sort [yes, including music] aren't really my strong point. The class is using Adobe Premiere to make movie trailers using whatever resources we've got, including [mainly...] audio/video ripped from DVDs.
    If anyone really needs to know, I'm considering doing "The Boondock Saints" as of right now. That's subject to change.
    Back to the subject at hand, does anyone have any suggestions to make this thing... better than average? I want to show that I actually put work into it.
    Thanks in advance, you're really saving my butt here.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

A bit contradictory isn't it?

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well you'll need a good microphone and have to hone your voiceover skills, that should separate the men from the boys.

4. PCG342

Hah. Already got it covered. Our school produces a podcast, Mystic. :p
    And yeah, that is a bit contradictory, Bonk, but my head's stuffed in my nether regions lately, so bear with me. The point remains that I want to actually show this guy that I'm not a lousy student. He's hard on me because he's seen what I can do and "knows I can do better."
    *grumble*

5. bonk

bonk Banned

I have done quite a lot of editing and sound overs and a little voice overs....and the main thing is planning and a lot of time.........

The best effect you can have is the backing music that is were you want just perfect music but not too loud. Ever remember films or adverts and it's the music that makes it along with what people are seeing that match together perfect.

If you cutting a scene to go to another but its not changing to a different scene or idea completely use smooth transitions like fades.....flips and roll-overs are OK if your changing to a different scene completely but still use them sparingly as they can be annoying.

Sound effects in the right places can add to the idea but again not too many and not too loud.

Take a look at Advertisements they cram a lot of ideas and effects in a very short time frame...you might get some ideas there.

6. PCG342

I generally stick to fade to black/dissolve, myself, so I know what you mean; most transitions seem a little irritating. I've already got an idea of sorts for music. Basically, splicing together and syncing [yeah, it'll take some work...] a bunch of not-too-violent clips, sans audio, with "Holy Fool." If you've ever seen the movie, it's the song playing when Rocco goes nuts in the deli. If you haven't seen it, let me know and I'll e-mail you a copy of the song. Though, I'm thinking it's entirely too loud.
    And if you haven't seen it... shame on you... but dig this clip [viewer discretion strongly advised] to give you an idea of some of the stuff I've got to work with.
    If you know which song I'm referring to and think it'll be a bad one, I'm open for suggestions.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice