1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movies Lagging

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Heath07, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath07

Heath07 Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I've recently have bought a new 22 inch 1080p monitor. So I started watching movies on my computer a lot more often. Most of the movies that I downloaded play fine unless I get higher quality movies.

For example, I tried watch a 720p blu ray movie a few days ago and the audio and video lagged on it. I then tried a 1080p blu ray movie which lags 10 times worse than the other one, again both audio and video.

Both of the videos were .mkv files, not sure if that has anything do to with it or not. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 4650 1GB. I think the core speed is 600 MHz, give or take 50. I have 2 gigs of DDR2 ram along with a 3.4 dual core cpu. plenty of space on my hard drive as well. The audio is only on board sound.

I've tried using multiple different players. I've used Media player classic and DivX which both work terribly. I've also tried VLC and MPCStar which have crystal clear audio, but the video is still glitchy. Is there setting somewhere in the program that I'm not aware of that will help?

I hope someone can help me out, thanks a lot ahead of time!

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

check that your pc has the correct drivers installed for the video device.also check for upgrade of drivers at the manufacturer site..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice