1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movies not playing

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SeanCunningham, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanCunningham

SeanCunningham Thread Starter

I have kodak easyshare, and for some reason videos I am making wont open in Windows media player. It is only recent ones as old ones still work. I have Vista.
    When i try to play them a msg comes up ' the selected file has an extension (.mov) that the player does not recognise, do you want the player to try to play anyway?
    I click yes then it comes up 'the player cannot support the file type or the codec that was used to compress the file.'
    I am trying to make an edited movie for my wife for mothers day and am running out of time. Thanks for the help. Sean:confused:

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

3. SeanCunningham

SeanCunningham Thread Starter

Thanks mate, now when I try to view the movies there is sound but no picture. If I try to import them to the windows movie maker it says the codec for this file hasn't been downloaded.....Any tips guys?:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/570220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice