1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

movies via PC to TV, wont work...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mogwai, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mogwai

mogwai Thread Starter

I'm using bitsoup to download movies onto my PC, then shifting the d/load onto a USB and connecting that to my laptop, which in turn is connected to a Panasonic Viera plasma tv via a VGA cable. The desktop picture shows on the tv screen, minus the icons, but the movie wont...it plays fine on the laptop but nothing on the tv, just the desktop background. I've selected 'PC' in the AV dropdown...what am I doing wrong? We have an internet gateway happening in the house, can I play it through the Wii, directly from the PC, instead? (or PS2, maybe?) Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm no IT tech-whiz, so please explain any solutions simply...i.e: 'Tech-Talk for Dummies 101', lol! Thanks...:eek:

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Sounds like an overlay problem, or it in the way both screens are configured. Have you tried moving whatever mdia player you are using beyond each edge of the laptop screen to see if it appears in any way on the TV? If it does, just drag it completely over there.
    Otherwise go into the display controls and determine how the two screens are configured in relation to one another. Sometimes you can configure the video only to play on one screen at full screen, but it really depends on the options available. Doesn't sound like you are in clone mode where both screens are the same, but maybe Extended, in which case just dragging the video over should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice