Movies

lisaa7002

Since getting onto the subject of The Princess Bride, I've been dying to know what you guys out there are watching by way of movies.

I'm a movie fanatic, and will watch about anything. Interested in knowing how much of the American movies you guys overseas are watching. And are we watching Movies for fun or for enlightenment. (95% entertainment for me;), although now & then something "good for me" slips through)

Last few favorites include- "About a boy", " A knights tale",
" Bad Company" , "Red Dragon", & "Maid in Manhattan".

Also watched my first subtitled movie "Amelie" I think that's how you spell it. It was hilarious.

Your turn guys......

Lisaa..........hey girlie!!!

Well, we know Princess Bride is one of my favorites.......i watch it at least once a week. Other than that the last movie i rented was "How to loose a Guy in 10 days"...........in the theater it was "Pirates of the Caribbean" which i loved........Johnny Depp was amazing...........and Orlando Bloom was just good to look at :):)

I saw Underworld Saturday night. The movie looked so dumb, but I went and saw it. WOW what an awesome movie. Everyone that likes action should go see it.

Favorite Movies:

1) Enemy At The Gates
2) Saving Private Ryan
3) Office Space (wow I laugh thinking about this movie. I never saw my dad laught so hard watching a movie.)
4) Dumb and Dumber
5) Life Is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella)

lisaa7002

I love Johnny Depp, he always plays such interesting characters. Did you see him in Don Jaun? Oh WOW.

I told my husband they should have named Saving Private Ryan- "Everybody dies"... How about XXX for action? I was suprised, but quite liked it.

Originally posted by lisaa7002:
... How about XXX for action? I was suprised, but quite liked it.
I was just about to point out that this is a family forum - then realised you meant that Vin Diesel movie :eek: :D

Some of my favorites:

Oscar (comedy)
Lord of the Rings
Matrix
Equilibrium
Blade

lisaa7002

Oscar w/ Stallone? that was SO funny. Goonies is one of the few movies I've seen at the theater (sheltered life- lol)

Love vampire flicks!

"Enemy at the gates" Hmmm - one very wasted oportunity because it's factual spuriousness means that it isn't shown where it matters - Volgagrad. This would be like a film made by Darryl F Zannuck not being shown in the picture houses of Caen or St Mare Eglise for similar reasons. Fortunatly the latter is - because it was rather more historically accurate. Meanwhile the city that was the site for the bitterest conflict in the history of warfare won't show the film about Stalingrad - thus that valuable opportunity to develop Anglo-Russian relations is somewhat compromised.

I've been on a "Made for TV" movie kick lately:

• Pirates of Silicon Valley
  • The Lathe of Heaven
  • The Stand
  • Sybil

MNG0304 said:
I've been on a "Made for TV" movie kick lately:

• Pirates of Silicon Valley
  • The Lathe of Heaven
  • The Stand
  • Sybil
the lathe of heaven...great book...don't remember the movie AT ALL....
last night tho, i saw batman begins (or whatever it's called)....yeah, ok, so i was BORED :p

but i did like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online