1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Movies

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by lisaa7002, Sep 22, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Since getting onto the subject of The Princess Bride, I've been dying to know what you guys out there are watching by way of movies.

I'm a movie fanatic, and will watch about anything. Interested in knowing how much of the American movies you guys overseas are watching. And are we watching Movies for fun or for enlightenment. (95% entertainment for me;), although now & then something "good for me" slips through)

Last few favorites include- "About a boy", " A knights tale",
    " Bad Company" , "Red Dragon", & "Maid in Manhattan".

Also watched my first subtitled movie "Amelie" I think that's how you spell it. It was hilarious.

Your turn guys......

2. moonmist

moonmist

Lisaa..........hey girlie!!!

Well, we know Princess Bride is one of my favorites.......i watch it at least once a week. Other than that the last movie i rented was "How to loose a Guy in 10 days"...........in the theater it was "Pirates of the Caribbean" which i loved........Johnny Depp was amazing...........and Orlando Bloom was just good to look at :):)

3. KeithKman

KeithKman

I saw Underworld Saturday night. The movie looked so dumb, but I went and saw it. WOW what an awesome movie. Everyone that likes action should go see it.

Favorite Movies:

1) Enemy At The Gates
    2) Saving Private Ryan
    3) Office Space (wow I laugh thinking about this movie. I never saw my dad laught so hard watching a movie.)
    4) Dumb and Dumber
    5) Life Is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella)

4. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

I love Johnny Depp, he always plays such interesting characters. Did you see him in Don Jaun? Oh WOW.

I told my husband they should have named Saving Private Ryan- "Everybody dies"... How about XXX for action? I was suprised, but quite liked it.

5. RSM123

RSM123

I was just about to point out that this is a family forum - then realised you meant that Vin Diesel movie :eek: :D

6. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

Some of my favorites:

Oscar (comedy)
    Lord of the Rings
    Matrix
    Equilibrium
    Blade

7. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

oh and I can't leave out GOONIES!!!

8. lisaa7002

lisaa7002 Thread Starter

Oscar w/ Stallone? that was SO funny. Goonies is one of the few movies I've seen at the theater (sheltered life- lol)

Love vampire flicks!

9. lighthouse

lighthouse

"Enemy at the gates" Hmmm - one very wasted oportunity because it's factual spuriousness means that it isn't shown where it matters - Volgagrad. This would be like a film made by Darryl F Zannuck not being shown in the picture houses of Caen or St Mare Eglise for similar reasons. Fortunatly the latter is - because it was rather more historically accurate. Meanwhile the city that was the site for the bitterest conflict in the history of warfare won't show the film about Stalingrad - thus that valuable opportunity to develop Anglo-Russian relations is somewhat compromised.

10. MNG0304

MNG0304

I've been on a "Made for TV" movie kick lately:

• Pirates of Silicon Valley
    • The Lathe of Heaven
    • The Stand
    • Sybil

11. iltos

iltos

the lathe of heaven...great book...don't remember the movie AT ALL....
    last night tho, i saw batman begins (or whatever it's called)....yeah, ok, so i was BORED :p

but i did like it.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice