Moving a domain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

purge11

Hello all,

I want to physically move a windows 2000 server domain and its clients to another location. What are the implications if I do this? Would the network still be able to work or would I have to change any settings?

Thanks in advance.

If you have the new backbone already in place at the new location, just move the machines. The only thing that would probably change are your DHCP settings to support the new ISP and (of course) you will have to change this on the server. I am assuming you have that information set up statically on the server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online