Moving a Program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charlie44

I need to move a program from my HD to an external HD. I thought I knew how, but I only moved a short cut.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Stoner

Banned
I requested a moderator to move your thread to a forum that discusses your issue.
This is the debate forum, mostly for political bickering :D

BTW....welcome to TSG :)

If you are referring to an actual program in lieu of a plain old file...........see if you can find an old copy of PC Relocator / AlohaBob by Eisenworld for a reasonable price (chances slim since they were bought out by M$), othertwise, as Rick said, it has to be installed on the new drive, can't just move it (unless it happens to be a DOS program, then just copy the file folder and drop it on the new drive.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online