Moving clip art in web page made in Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jethsy

I am trying to design a webpage in Word (Office XP). It is not hard to make text boxes and they are movable by dragging. However, when I insert a picture or clip art, it only moves up and down. I cannot drag it wherever I want it. Is it a good idea to try to make a webpage in Word AND what do I do to put it on the web when it's finished?
Thanks!

Is it a good idea to try to make a webpage in Word
Not really. It creates a lot of bad code. Even Frontpage is better than Word to make website (although I don't recommend either)

AND what do I do to put it on the web when it's finished?
You need to upload it to your webspace, either thru some kind of "file manager" your host offers, or thru FTP access.

namenotfound said:
Not really. It creates a lot of bad code. Even Frontpage is better than Word to make website (although I don't recommend either)
I'll second that, but I'm assuming this is your first webpage and you really want to finish it, so you have a couple of options. :)

1) Right click on the clip art image and select Format Picture. Click on the Layout tab and you can select the wrapping style. This won't move everywhere but will give you some options.

2) Like you noticed, you can move text boxes everywhere. Create a new text box and cut and paste the clip art image into it. Then you can move it where you like.

To put your site on the web you will need to publish it to a ftp server... check with your ISP as they usually provide some webspace with your connection plan. Otherwise, you can register for a free space on some sites (eg: Geocities or Angelfire), but these usually put ads on your page.

Have fun! :)

jethsy

Thanks so much. I will do the pasting of clip art in a text box. I already tried the options for wrapping and that doesn't work with the webpage. You are so right--I want to get it finished and on the web for my cousin's business.

No worries. If you are creating a site for a business, you might want to try working with a more complex program. You might have Frontpage in your MS Office package, although I would recommend Dreamweaver. It takes a bit of time to learn what you're doing, but you get a more professional look and be able to do a lot more with it. :) Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online