1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moving files and keeping data links HELP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by crashdown, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashdown

crashdown Thread Starter

Excel 2007 & Windows XP

Heres the problem, on the server i have a folder: Estimates, inside this is a list of folders with estimate numbers and a template folder
    inside the template folder there are two folders, 1 with build up sheets, and 2 with device sheets. each of these link to each other seeking inputs and out puts.
    i only recently needed to add the links to make it more complicated to handle much larger estimates

what i need to do is copy the template folder into each new estimate i create - the problem is, when i do the links still link to the original template - i need the links to remain relative

i know if i copy two xl files side by side that are linked to another location the links remain relative, but can this be done when they reside in different folders, and how.

if this cant be done can anyone suggest a different method all together - or a program that can hold all this and my estimates can be built in??

any help would be much appreciated
    my boss is leaning on me to get this done asap

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice