Moving Hard Drive to External USB Case

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trsone

In my computer, my 250 gig works great, but once I put it into my external enclosure, when I go to it in My Computer it says that it isn't formatted and needs to be before I can use it (PLUS, in disk management it says that it is limited to 31.50 gig) Someone please help ASAP, i spent all last night trying to get this thing working! thanks-

m

[email protected]

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I *think* some USB cases won't support such large hard drives. Did you check the specs? I know when I bought mine, it said 'supports up to' whatever size hard drive.

trsone

which is SUPPOSED to support drives up to 250 gig...

still....trying....!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
When you have it inside the computer, how is it connected? To an add in card?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Did you try formatting it in the external case? I have a couple of 200gig drives in USB 2.0 cases, but I haven't done any 250's or larger yet...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online