1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moving mouse causes whole system to lag

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by andysfile, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andysfile

andysfile Thread Starter

Hi, first post :)
    My problem is that whenever I move my mouse, the computer lags. This problem shows it's head after a while when the computer is on.
    I open up Task Manager and in the processes list I watch csrss.exe use 70+% CPU as I move my mouse around on the screen. When the mouse is still or moving very slowly, the process drops down to normal usage.
    I can test that it lags the whole system by opening any program then watching it load very slowly as I move my mouse. I do it again and it loads at normal speed without moving my mouse.

I have a Logitech G5 running on a
    2.4Ghz
    1.25Gb RAM
    Geforce 6600
    If you want a full DxDiag or Hijack this just ask :)

This problem is annoying for me because I tend to be micromanaging many applications open at once and I don't like lag!!

2. The Hound

The Hound

What type of mouse?? What brand? Any extra software installed with the mouse?

3. andysfile

andysfile Thread Starter

Logitech G5 mouse. I have Microsoft Intellipoint Drivers but they are for the mouse I used to use for the computer. The G5 is just Plug and Play.

4. The Hound

The Hound

Maybe boot to safe mode, uninstall all mouse drivers in device manager (start, run, type devmgmt.msc , and click ok), reboot, and let windows install the right driver without the inetellipoint clutter...

5. andysfile

andysfile Thread Starter

Okay I'll post back if it's fixed or not, thanks!

Edit: It's fixed for the moment... I'm yet to see if it starts happening again like it usually does after a while.

6. andysfile

andysfile Thread Starter

It's happening again :( When I move the mouse the same thing happens, csrss.exe gets CPU hungry.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice