Moving My Documents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tony007

Banned
When I right click on my documents in the start menu there is no move command.

pancho666 said:
When I right click on my documents in the start menu there is no move command.
Right click on it, select Properties, the Move option is on the Properties dialogue window

tony007

Banned
Jaack when I click on the d:\ drive ok turns to greyed out.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I don't get the move option on the Start Menu My Documents either. ;)

tony007

Banned
Yeh you have got to right click on properties to get the move option but when I do and click on d:\ drive the ok becomes greyed out.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
DoubleHelix said:
Right-click then click Properties, and then you'll see the move option.
Pretty well disguised here wouldn't you say? Which one should I select, Open or Explore? :confused:

Attachments

Right click on the My Documents icon
SELECT PROPERTIES
Click on the Move button
on the Select a Destination window, click on the + next to My Computer to expand the tree.
click on the D drive
Click OK

tony007

Banned
I cant click on ok it becomes greyed out as soon as I click on d:\drive what is the significance of the thumbnail pictures by john wills and doublehelix? Clicking on open or explore does'ent move my documents to d:\drive.

DoubleHelix

Banned
*sigh* I give up. I posted directions twice and already asked what the D:\ drive is. Good luck, pancho666.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online