Moving Outlook 2010 to new pc new Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cdpaul

Hi,
Time to upgrade my old laptop which has Outlook 2010 so want to put use latest Outlook.
I have several email accounts that I would like to transfer to the new laptop and after searching online I see I can export each account and import to new system but can I not just copy the pst files in the Outlook folder and paste them into the new one?

Couriant

James
Exporting and importing is what you should do, but if you are continuing to use the accounts, you will need to set up the accounts. If the accounts are IMAP/Exchange, then you shouldn't need to import as the information should still be there.

cdpaul

Exporting and importing is what you should do, but if you are continuing to use the accounts, you will need to set up the accounts. If the accounts are IMAP/Exchange, then you shouldn't need to import as the information should still be there.
Ah, great
Thank you :)

cdpaul

Following on:
When I add my email accounts to the new computer it doesn't update my calendar and contacts.
I found I can save these to separate pst files but when I import them they don't go into the default calendar and contacts.
Is there a way to it?
Thanks again :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online