1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

moving outlook contacts data transfer to mail merge

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Lotusflower, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotusflower

Lotusflower Thread Starter

I hope someone out there has the answer as I have spent many hours trying to work this porblem through.

My outlook 2002 contacts when I transfer to mail merge there is an inconsistency with the details I have entered in the data. Like one will have the Mr and then it will miss a few then maybe decide to add it again there is no pattern happening. So when I attempt to enter say a 300 odd contacts mail merge I have to individually go through and alter and check each one. My outlook contacts data is filled out corectly with the Mr & Mrs (or whatever is applicable). At time it will say Dear Anna (not Dear Ms Cox) then on the next one it could say Dear Mr Williams - whereas all the data is filled out exactly the same. I hope this makes some sense it's driving me mad!!!!

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I thought you could set up rules or conditions when you mail merged. So that if a particular field was blank, it would not be included.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/294475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice