Moving Outlook personal folder to a new computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RichBiegun

I use Office XP and want to move all my Outlook information to another machine.

I can't find any instructions as to how. I've searched the Knowledge Base but cannot find it. (I must be using the wrong terminology or something.)

Can anyone tell me how to do this or how to find the instructions?

I'm befuddled.

Thnx.

Or check the help files in XP re 'transferring settings'. I used this to move Outlook settings and data to a laptop.

I am not a Outlook XP user, however, I do use MS Outlook 2000 on a regular basis and I would assume that it is not much different.

1. Go to the File Menu and click on Import/Export Wizard.
2. Now click on Export to a file.
3. In create a file select the program you are transfering to. Note: if going to another outlook program, then select the "Personal Folder File (.pst).

This will bring up "Select the folders to export from" Note: ensure you select the "include subfolders" if necessary.

Save to a folder or disk wherever you intend to save it so that you can copy it to the new computer.

On the new computer go to import/export and select import. Look for the .pst file you saved and follow the procedures, it is not hard.

Hope this helps.

Just remember that if you burn your exported .pst files to a CD, they will become read only. You will have to copy them to your computer and uncheck the read-only property before you can restore them.

jT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online