1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moving picture program to external drive

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by walnel, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. walnel

walnel Thread Starter

I have space issues on my internal drive and want to move my pictures and the software (Canon ZoomBrowser EX) from my internal drive to my external drive. Is there anyway to easily do this so I don't lose any photos and all will auto download to external drive folder in the future?

2. Hughv

Hughv

What OS?
    You can certainly move the files, but moving the program might not work. It would certainly be slower and probably wouldn't save much space anyway.

3. antimoth

antimoth

Yes, you can copy the pictures to an external drive. Leave Zoombrowser alone, but go into its preferences/options and have it read/download the pictures from the new drive. Cannot tell you how to do that, but it has to be possible. . I own several Canons. but never installed the ZoomBrowser stuff.

You might also copy all your pics to CD/DVD. Only after you have the copies verified on the new drive and on spare media should you get rid of the originals on your C: drive.

All hard drives eventually fail so you should have backups.

4. walnel

walnel Thread Starter

Using Windows XP. Cannot located preferences/options within ZoomBrowser where it allows me to choose default drive to download to. Contacted Canon support and they told me I could only have the software work on the default internal C drive. Will not work with external drive?

5. antimoth

antimoth

I'm not going to load my Zoombrowser, but I did look at its owners manual. By default, images get stored to your MY PICTURES folder. You can change that with the preferences button like this pic shows.

Attached Files:

6. Hughv

Hughv

Dump Zoom, get Picasa, problem solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice