1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

moving pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 4oldcars, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4oldcars

4oldcars Thread Starter

I have windows 10 on my laptop. There is a file that says pictures. I can never find anything without going thru them all. I thought of putting them on google photo but figure out how. Can someone help a old dummy?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The way to do it is to create folders with appropriate names and put related photos into each. To create a folder, right click in the files area and choose New > Folder. Then drag and drop photos into them.

3. 4oldcars

4oldcars Thread Starter

Sounds like it might be beyond me and I may need additional help. Not computer savy but I'll give that a try.
    Thanx

4. 4oldcars

4oldcars Thread Starter

Well - - - that went nowhere. I opened "pictures" where all my pictures are and nothing about "create" or "files area". Went to photos.google.com and found "create folder" but no selection such as "files" or "new folder". I told you I was a old dummy.
    Appreciate the help, but I think I need more help.
    Thanx

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

You go into Pictures, and then Right Click on a blank area in between/among your picture files, a pop up menu should come up. Then choose New; another submenu comes up and you then choose Folder. A folder called 'New Folder' would be created and highlighted. You then type the name you wish to give it there.

Click on the images below (1.png , 2.png, 3.png ) to see what you should be doing

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      25.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. 4oldcars

4oldcars Thread Starter

Must be a void between my ears. I clicked on a void area. A menu came up. No "new". No "folder". Same results when I click on your samples. Appreciate the help. I'm old and not too computer savvy, but I'd like to think I can do this.

7. lunarlander

lunarlander

You Right click using the Right mouse button.

The samples on my post is just a picture, you can't interact with them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice