1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Moving space from D drive to C drive

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cullism, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cullism

cullism Thread Starter

I have been trying to download video from my movie camera to Corel Video Stdio 4. After an hour of processing I get a message "No Storage To Load BB!!". I assume this means that I don't have enough space on my C drive. My C drive has a capacity of 97.2gb of which only 7.94 is free. My D drive, which I call my data drive, has a capacity of 292gb of which 192gb is free. How can i transfer space from the D drive to the C drive?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3292 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1422 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 97 GB (7 GB Free); D: 292 GB (192 GB Free); L: 292 GB (158 GB Free); Z: 75 GB (53 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-Combo
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Are these logical drives? In other words, do they reside on the same drive and you've just partitioned them out, or are they two separate drives? I think the space on your C drive needs to be looked at regardless, because it may get to the stage when it's going to cause you stability issues with the drive being so full.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If the two "drives" are actually two primary partitions on the same hard drive (or SSD) you shrink the "D drive" partition, move a partition if necessary to get the newly unallocated space immediately beside the "C drive" partition, and then expand or resize C to include the unallocated space. I use the free EASEUS Partition Master for these tasks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!