1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Mozilla and Opera

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sdc, Jul 12, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sdc

sdc Guest Thread Starter

If you are tired of downloading patches for I.E. and you want something better you can download 2 different free browsers that sre superior to I.E. (95% of all users use I.E. so microsoft does not have motivation to improve it)
    Opera 7.1 http://www.opera.com/
    Is the superior browser between it and Mozilla
    Mozilla is a open source of netscape(microsofts major rival)
    which is a good program and a heck of alot better than I.E.!
    But Opera 7.1 has more features: you can also save groups of pages in browsing sessions-very handy in research
    and if you prefer using keyboard shortcuts instead of mousing. Opera provides a keyboard command for every conceivable function. Opera supports mouse gestures for frequently used browser functions. With gestures enabled, you can hold the right button and move the mouse slightly to the left to return to the previous page.
    Opera has very good over all statistics and reliablity and both Mozilla and Opera are a breath of fresh air of I.E. and it's unstoppable security updates ect.

Just a thought!

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

These types of post really should go in reviews, you are not asking or providing an answer to a tech question.

Just so you know...Rhett

3. mal1930

mal1930

HI, JUst a point. Opera is only free if you take their adverts otherwise you have to pay for it. Peace Mal

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Kind of partial to Opera, put IE in the closet, and as far as the add banner goes, doesn`t bother me at all.

Regards
    Mike Peters

5. sdc

sdc Guest Thread Starter

Peters321 "Kind of partial to Opera, put IE in the closet, and as far as the add banner goes, doesn`t bother me at all."

I would have to agree with you
    I could really care less about a banner and the extra stuff makes it worth the while!
    It is a great browser!

Webfish

6. mal1930

mal1930

HI, Have used it for years and the banners never were intrusive to me either. I just wanted people to realize that it was not really free. Peace Mal

7. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

One thing for sure mal1930, I wish I had known how good it was a couple of years ago myself, It will make you throw IE in the trash. I know some people will disagree, and I think a lot of it has to do with the type comp, and OS used, but in my case I liked Opera even better than Mozilla, and that was tried on both of my machines, and Opera was the one I chose to use. Thanks for the chat.

Regards
    Mike Peters

8. sdc

sdc Guest Thread Starter

peters321 "I wish I had known how good it was a couple of years ago myself, It will make you throw IE in the trash.'

I totally agree with you!
    And it seems to be superior to netscape's Mozilla

9. mobo

mobo

After a while you don't even notice the banner ....Kind of like the one above this post.

10. sdc

sdc Guest Thread Starter

yep
    I don't care about a banner!

11. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Yep, I agree, I tried Mozilla, and Mozilla firebird first, and for my machine, Opera is the best(know it probably differs from machine to machine, and no offense to the Mozilla users, just my comp likes Opera best

Mike

12. Alaska

Alaska

I'll weigh in with my quarters worth.
    I've been giving Opera a test run lately and I like it. I'm even considering registering it, if I run into one of those discount periods, $39 US is kind of steep for me right now.
    I'll keep IE as the default for the family though. I really don't get Operas mail set-up, kind of confusing, but that is for another forum.

13. p51

p51

I have been using Opera for a couple of days now. I am still adapting to it, and figuring everything out, but I think that I am going to like it.

14. mal1930

mal1930

HI, They do have forums at their site if you need advice. It is also highly customable but I don't have the energy. LOL.

The mail client is new in this version and has a learning curve. I am still learning.lol

I find prices in US dollars pretty sleep because I have to nearly double them in our money. Peace Mal

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/146490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice